Quebec City, Tuesday, January 8, 2019—The Quebec Winter Carnival invites all electronic music fans to the Sapporo EDM Evening, a hair-raising show starting at 6 p.m. this coming Friday, February 15, 2019. Six women DJs from all over the world will fire up the crowd through wild electro dance rhythms. This event will take place on rue Jacques-Parizeau, between rue de la Chevrotière and rue d’Artigny. Entry is free for and limited to Quebec Winter Carnival Effigy owners.
“In line with our new vision, the Carnival is hosting yet another major event to attract and unite even more festive thrill-seekers, especially young adults. Whether you’re a Quebec City resident or just visiting, put on your snowsuit and come enjoy the fresh air as you dance to music by some of the world’s most prominent DJs!”, said Mélanie Raymond, chief executive officer of the Quebec Winter Carnival.
Not a Second of Downtime!
DJs from all over the world climb onto the stage one after the other for successive one-hour performances.
• 6 p.m.: Qrion
• 7 p.m.: Mari Ferrari
• 8 p.m.: Helena Legend
• 9 p.m.: Rebecca & Fiona
• 10 p.m.: Mariana BO
• Mariana BO is a DJ, producer and violinist and holds the 68th rank in the DJ MAG Top 100, which honors the best DJs on Earth. She was also ranked 23rd in the 2018 Top100DJanes, which features only women. At the young age of 29, Mariana BO already ignites the world’s most prestigious stages alongside such mainstays as Tiësto and David Guetta, always bringing her own unique touch of violin.
• Rebecca & Fiona have released two Grammy-winning albums and toured the world alongside famous artists such as Robyn, Avicii, Tiësto, Kaskade and Axwell. Their success in the United States is undeniable—after a residency in Las Vegas, they went on to perform at the largest festivals.
• Helena Legend is electronic music royalty. She has lit up festivals all over Earth, including Tomorrowland, Big Day Out, Stereosonic, the main stages at Ultra Music and even more. DMC World magazine referred to her as one of the most popular and exciting new DJs out there.
• Mari Ferrari is a passionate DJ with stage experience in some 70 countries! She notably performed for Hed Kandi and at festivals such as Sensation White, Daydream and Alfa Future People—the largest electronic music festival in Russia. She also filled up the dance floor in famous clubs such as the TAO and the Rain in Las Vegas, the VIP Saint-Tropez, the MAD Club in Lausanne and many others.
• Qrion is still on the rise, yet she’s already performed and collaborated with Ryan Hemsworth. She was also part of the lineup for the 2018 Tomorrowland festival. She’s definitely one to keep an eye on!
To ensure the event’s success, the Carnival relies on André Verreault to book artists and provide art direction. Thanks to his considerable experience and given the success of the December 31 celebrations, Mr. Verreault is the obvious partner of choice for a wintertime festive event!
Our Thanks to Our Partners
We thank Sapporo, the title sponsor for this new major Carnival event.
We thank our major partners: Loto-Québec, Christie, the SAQ, Hydro-Québec and Videotron. We also thank Sleeman Breweries, Laurier Québec, DuProprio, Discount, Alex Coulombe ltée, St‐Hubert, Spiritueux Ungava, Solotech and the Association des chefs d’entreprise du Québec.
The Carnival also enjoys the support of Ville de Québec, Québec City Tourism, the Government of Canada through Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions and Canadian Heritage, and the Government of Québec through the Secrétariat à la Capitale-Nationale and the ministère du Tourisme.
We thank the Commission de la capitale nationale du Québec, Public Services and Procurement Canada, Ville de Québec and the Port of Québec for hosting us on their sites. We also thank the Société des traversiers du Québec, the Réseau de transport de la Capitale, our media partners, our collaborators, our service providers and our hotel partners including Delta Quebec Hotel, Hilton Quebec Hotel, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Hotel Le Concorde Quebec and Château Laurier. Finally, we thank our many volunteers, whose implication is critical to our success.
Official hashtag: #carnavalqc
The 65th Quebec Winter Carnival will take place from February 8 to 17, 2019.
Quebec Winter Carnival
For more information or interviews:
P: 418 529-8270
M: 418 953-4749