PLEASE NOTE: EXCEPTIONALLY THIS YEAR, THE SOUVENIR EFFIGY, THE TRADITIONAL CARNIVAL PASS, TRADES ITS EVENT ACCESS FOR DOLLARS TO BE EXCHANGED AT PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES.
Note that in 2021, all Carnival sites will be accessible free of charge. By purchasing the Effigy, you are encouraging the Carnival and will receive the souvenir Effigy and two discounts booklets, redeemable in participating local businesses. Note that there will be no refunds for the Effigy, regardless of the form of the event this year. All Carnival activities are free and accessible without an Effigy. In 2021, the Effigy is a fundraising derivative product with no cash value and is not exchangeable.
Effigy: The Effigy is a souvenir pendant with the image of Bonhomme on it. Exceptionally this year, the Carnival wants to make all the activities it presents accessible free of charge. Consequently, the Effigy is not required to access the sites.
Effigy Dollars*: With the purchase of the Effigy, a booklet of Effigy Dollars is offered containing coupons redeemable at participating local businesses, including one (1) coupon of $2.00, five (5) coupons of $5.00, five (5) coupons of $10.00, (1) coupon of $25.00 and one (1) coupon of $5.00, applicable on Carnival derivative products. The coupon book contains Effigy Dollars with a value of more than $100.00. Effigy Dollars will be redeemable from January 2 to April 30, 2021.
Winter Discount Booklet*: A discount booklet is offered as a bonus with the purchase of the Effigy. Receive winter discounts and other privileges in selected businesses and attractions in Quebec City.
* The Quebec Winter Carnival is not responsible for honouring the coupons included with the Effigy. They have no cash value and are not refundable. Certain Terms and Conditions apply. Visit the Effigy tab on our website to find participating businesses: www.carnaval.qc.ca.
Sale and Prices
- Presale beginning November 24. 10,000 Effigies available exclusively online: $10, taxes included, delivery and service charges extra.*
- From January 2, 2021 until the last day of the Carnival, February 14, 2021: $20, taxes included, service and delivery charges extra.
* Pick up option in Laurier Quebec offered on January 8-9-10, 2021, depending on the shopping center's business hours.
Points of Sale
You can purchase the Effigy during the regular price sale at the following points of sale:
- Online on the website www.carnaval.qc.ca (service and delivery charges applicable)
- At participating Couche-Tard locations
- At the Carnival reception desk, 205, boul. des Cèdres, Quebec City, QC, G1L 1N8
- In various hotels and businesses in the region, see the interactive Carnival map to find points of sale
- At the official Quebec Winter Carnival ticket office and store in Place d’Youville, during site opening hours from February 5 to 14, 2021
The Quebec Winter Carnival, through its ticketing partner Lepointdevente.com, accepts payment by Visa and MasterCard credit cards and prepaid cards. Combined debit/credit cards are not accepted. Service and delivery charges extra.
Cash payments are accepted for any purchase made at physical points of sale.
The Effigy and the rights attached to it or that result from it cannot be the subject of an assignment, a contest, a sale or a transfer, whether in a commercial context or a promotional campaign, with or without consideration, without previous written consent of the Quebec Winter Carnival.
Resale of the Quebec Winter Carnival Effigy is strictly prohibited.
Reproduction and modification of tickets or Effigies are strictly prohibited.
REFUND POLICY OF THE EFFIGY, TICKET ACTIVITY AND DERIVATIVE PRODUCTS.
ALL PURCHASES OF THE EFFIGY, TICKET ACTIVITY AND DERIVATIVE PRODUCTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-EXCHANGEABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE TO FUTURE PRESENTATIONS.
It is your responsibility to conserve your Effigy and its discount booklets or your ticket. In addition, if you cannot use your discounts for any reason, no refund will be offered. The Quebec Winter Carnival is not responsible for Effigies or tickets that are lost, stolen or destroyed.
Derivative products from the Quebec Winter Carnival are final sales. In the event the product purchased is defective, please contact us at email@example.com, and return your item to 205, boulevard des Cèdres, Quebec City, QC, G1L 1N8.
CANCELLATION POLICY OF THE QUEBEC WINTER CARNIVAL
Normally, the activities will go as planned, rain or shine. However, in the event of bad weather, certain activities may be cancelled, notably when a safety issue arises in bad weather. The Quebec Winter Carnival is not responsible for bad weather. As the Effigy gives no event access to the sites, no refund will be made in the case of cancellation.
COVID-19 and Force Majeure
In the event of a cancellation caused by the pandemic, force majeure or any other situation beyond the Carnival’s control, if the event is cancelled in whole or in part, no refunds will be given. As mentioned above, the Effigy is not an access pass this year. Regarding Effigy Dollars, if the coupons cannot be honoured due to the temporary closure of businesses because of Covid-19, the coupon validation period may be extended. A communication will be sent to the coupon holders pertaining to this situation. In all cases, no refund is possible.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TICKETED EVENTS INCLUDING ICE SCULPTURE WORKSHOPS
Normally, the activities will go as planned, rain or shine. However, in the event of severe bad weather, a ticketed event may be cancelled, especially if there is a health or safety issue due to bad weather.
In this case, here is how to proceed:
If you have purchased tickets for an exclusive activity, we will take care of everything! No action is required on your part and you do not have to contact us.
- You will be notified by email if the event is cancelled
- You will receive an automatic refund to the payment method you used when you made the original purchase online
- Please allow 7-10 business days from the day the event is cancelled to receive your refund